Wednesday, October 21,
2009 – As the finishing touches are reaching a
fever pitch for Jounen Kweyol, persons are reminded that the
Influenza virus is a
contagious bug that goes human to human with no need of assistance. The National
Influenza Committee therefore reminds patrons:
1) That the H1N1 virus cannot be transmitted by eating pork or its products,
making these products safe to eat once they are cooked properly.
2) If you are on sick-leave with flu like symptoms stay home. This year you will
have to miss the mass crowd event.
3) Cover your mouth and nose when you cough and sneeze.
4) Use a tissue to sneeze and cough then throw it away in a dustbin and wash
your hands with soap and water or use hand sanitizers.
5) Vendors are reminded to wash their hands often.
6) If you are going to drink then don't drive. Have a sober friend take you
7) Keep hydrated by drinking lots of water.
8) Be aware of the sun, watch out for sun stroke and be smart:
time in the shade between 11am and 3pm
sure you never burn
to cover up with a t-shirt, hat and sunglasses
to take extra care with children
use factor 15+ sunscreen
Remember your best defence is you.