Contact: Lucius Doxerie
Wednesday, February 11, 2009 – Ocean Life Limited of Louisiana, U.S.A., a company that supplies labour to oil Riggs and other commercial supply vessels serving the south cost of U.S.A.., is seeking to in collaboration with the Employment Services Unit of the Labour Department, recruit suitably qualified persons in the following areas:
Utility or Galley Hand
Renewable One (1) year contracts will be offered to successful applicants.
Persons applying for these positions MUST:
1. Be at least 21 years of age.
2. Have some experience in the desired position.
3. Be literate (comfortable in reading and writing).
4. Have good character with a clean criminal record.
5. Have a positive attitude with good communication skills.
6. Be able to work a 12 hour shift and stay offshore on an oil platform for up to 4 weeks or more at a time.
7. Be willing to be away from their family for up to 4 months.
8. Be willing to take on the job training.
9. Be able to lift 80 lbs.
10. Not be afraid of flying in a helicopter (main form of transportation to and from oil field platform located offshore).
11. Have a current police record
Registration commences on Thursday 12th February, 2009 at the Department of Labour, Barnard’s Hill, Castries and at the Vieux Fort Office on Hospital Road.
Please bring along a valid passport and one (1) passport sized photo.
For further information please contact the Ministry of Labour, Information and Broadcasting at telephone numbers: (758) 468-3102, (758) 468-3103, (758) 468-3104, (758) 468-3198.
© 2009 Government Information Service. All rights reserved.
Read our privacy guidelines.