1) The Saint Lucia Cross of the Order of Saint Lucia herein
called the "Saint Lucia Cross" may be awarded in connection with the
Order to any person who has rendered distinguished and outstanding service of
national importance to Saint Lucia.
2) The Saint Lucia Cross may be awarded posthumously but a
deceased recipient will not become a member of the Order.
3) The Saint Lucia Cross will only be awarded in Gold.
4) The Governor-General may award the Saint Lucia Cross to no more than two
persons on the institution of the Order; and no more than three persons shall
be appointed to this Grade in any two successive years.
5) The number of persons awarded the Saint Lucia Cross shall not exceed
twenty-five at any time.