1) Any person or organisation may submit to the Committee
for its consideration a nomination of a citizen for the Saint Lucia Cross, the
Medal of Honour, the Medal of Merit and the Les Pitons Medal.
2) Submission of nominations for an award of the National Service Cross
shall only be received from the Chairman of the Public Service Commission or a
Commission responsible for appointments and other matters affecting the Royal
Saint Lucia Police Force and the Saint Lucia Fire and Prison Services.
3) Submission of nominations for an award of the National Service Medal
shall only be received from the Officer-in-Charge of the Royal Saint Lucia
Police Force, the Saint Lucia Fire Service, the Saint Lucia Prison Service, or
the Principal of a school to which is attached a Cadet Corps.
4) Only citizens of Saint Lucia are eligible for an award in any Grade of
5) Awards in any grade of the Order may be made on an honorary basis to
persons other than citizens of Saint Lucia but they shall not become members
of the Order.
6) Any distinguished citizen of a country other than Saint Lucia whom Saint
Lucia desires to honour may be awarded the Saint Lucia Cross, the Medal of
Honour, or the Medal of Merit on an honorary basis.
7) Awards in any Grade of the Order to persons other than citizens of Saint
Lucia shall be made with the approval of the Sovereign on the advice of the
8) Nothing in this Constitution limits the right of the Governor-General to
exercise all powers and authorities of the Sovereign in respect of the Order.